Thursday, October 20, 2011

Health Care Blog 2

Health care is something I believe everyone needs in our nation. I did some research and found out that the United States does not spend health care money efficiently. My source says that an estimated one-third of 2006 health care expenditures, about $700 billion or nearly 5% of GDP, did not improve health outcomes. 700 billion dollars is alot of money, yet it does not improve how our health care system works. Think if we had 700 billion dollars put into something else such as helping 3rd world countries. I wonder what the United States could blow 700 billion dollars on and still not improve our health care system. The price only keeps going up for the people who pay for it, yet they get no improvements.

What I want to know is how can the US make it so our health care is affordable and effective for our people. I think too many people are uninsured and the US isn't doing all they can to lower the number of uninsured. I feel like our government is too busy playing politics and not focusing on what really matters. If our government was more cooperative with one another I'm sure that we wouldn't be in the health care crises we are in now. We are a one of the leading nations in the world, yet we can't take care of the increasing number of uninsured and underinsured in our country.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with what you are saying. I believe the disagreements among political officials compromise the developement of the project. They fight over the little things or foreign issues more than what they should do domestically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even if the U.S. did regulate health care they would not do it efficiently. Nothing the U.S. does is efficient, its over expensive, takes to long, and all political. After the Japanese Tsunami a major road was replaced and paved with in two weeks for the greater good of their country. America doesn't really think for the greater good which is why individual plans and ideas will thrive. I think if the U.S. regulated healthcare they would probably was a trillion dollars. I would like to see the U.S. cut spending and get healthcare but it doesn't even seem possible.

    ReplyDelete