Monday, January 9, 2012

Constituent Letter

Dear Senator Casey,
          My name is Tom Nguyen and I attend Haverford High School. I am currently 17 years old and every student in my school is required to take a Government class to graduate. I understand you represent Pennsylvania as Senator and, there is a bill being considered by the Senate, I would like for you to support S. 1067: Nuclear Energy Research Initiative Improvement Act of 2011. This bill conducts research to lower the cost of manufacturing nuclear reactor systems. This would be a great if  S. 1067 was passed, because we would be able to generate heat and electricity for a cheaper cost for everyone if we could make more nuclear reactors for a lower cost. I think you should really put this bill into consideration and support it. The CBO only estimates it would cost 213 million dollars over the 2010-2016 time period if it is implemented. Imagine the possibilities if this bill is implemented and nuclear reactor manufacturing costs go down. This would help decrease the usage of fossil fuels and the country would be a bit more "green". I really appreciate your time in reading my letter and I wish you the best of luck.
                                                                                            Sincerely,
                                                                                                 Tom Nguyen

1 comment:

  1. This is pretty decent so far Tom. On line 3, I think you should put a semicolon after Senate. There is an extra space between 'if' and 'S.' And period should be plural.

    ReplyDelete